There are a variety of tools and settings that an Instructor can access from Settings. When viewing the Settings page, there are two primary areas of action: Center page and Sidebar.
In the center of the page are four tabs:
- Course Details – This tab allows Instructors to set course start and end dates as well as a variety of student permissions within the course.
- Sections – This tab allows Instructors to create and mange students in Sections. Example: Clerkship 6.1, 6.2, Anatomy SG Section 1, Anatomy SG Section 2, etc
- Navigation – This tab allows instructors to show, hide, and rearrange navigation links for the course.
- Apps – This tab allows instructors to add a variety of 3rd party tools, called LTIs or Apps, to a course.
The Sidebar provides instructors with access to:
- Student View – This feature provides Instructors with a view of the course from the student perspective without needing to login with a separate username/password.
- Course Statistics – This feature provides instructors with general summaries for recent activity within the course.
- Course Calendar – This link opens the course calendar. Right click (control + click) on the link to Open in a New Tab.
- Course Action Options
- Conclude Course (Not Recommended)
- Permanently Delete this Course (Avoid at All Costs)
- Copy this Course
- Import Content into this Course
- Export Course Content
- Reset Course Content (Not Recommended)
- Current Users Summary
To learn more about Course Settings:
- view the specific links in Center Page and Sidebar above
- view Course Settings Overview Video on this page
- read the Course Settings Tutorials listed on this page
Course Settings Tutorials
- What is Student View
- Access Student View
- What Course Settings do I have Control Over?
- Granting Student Course Priveleges
- Disable Announcement Comments
- Edit Course Start and End Dates
- Enable a Grading Schema in a Course
- Create a Grading Schema for a Course
- Delete a Grading Schema
- All Settings Tutorials
Please contact the Geisel Instructional Technology Staff for questions about these tools.