When creating Assignments, it is possible to make the assignments available at various dates and times to different sections and individual students. It is important to note that the sections must be created prior to applying them to the Assignment.
To set assignment availability:
- Click Assignments in the course menu.
- Select the Assignment you wish to edit from the Assignments list,
Note: If you have not yet created the Assignment, select Add Assignment at the far right of the page.
- Within the expanded Assignment , click [Edit].
- Within the Assignment, scroll down the page to the Assign area.
- At the bottom of the page, click in the Assign To field and select a section or student as appropriate.
Note: If setting availability for all students in the course, select Everyone.
6. Click on the calendar icon to select a Due Date for that section.
- Click on the calendar icon to select an Available From date/time.
- If applicable, select the Until date.
Note: By selecting an Until date, the assignment will automatically become locked once that date/time is reached so students will not be able to submit the assignment after that date.
- Click [+Add] to add another due date.
- Repeat 5 – 9 for all sections.
- Click [Save] to apply the settings.
Quizzes can also be moderated to give users additional attempts if necessary. See the moderate quizzes tutorial.