Each course has its own file repository into which instructors can upload any documents, readings, or media files that will be used in the site. Instructors can link to files in the course-file repository from anywhere in Canvas that has a rich content editor.
Below are some examples of how you’d add Files to a Module and to Pages. The process seen in Pages will apply to adding files to Events, Assignments, Quizzes, Discussions, etc.
Adding file to a module
- Select + icon to the right of the module.
- From the Module Options, select Add Content.
- From the Add Item window, select File from the Add Dropdown list.
- Select the File you wish to add from the Files List.
Note: If the file has not yet been updated, select the [New File] option.
- If you wish to offset the file in the Module listing, select an Indentation option.
- Select Add Item when finished.
Add Files to a Page
To add files to a page:
- Click on the Files tab that appears under Page Tools in the Sidebar.
- Select the File you wish to add to the page.
Note: If you’d like to create a hyperlink from a word within the page, highlight the word before clicking on the File.
- The file will automatically be added to the page.
- Click Save Changes when you are finished editing the page.