The Quiz tool can be used to create and administer online quizzes and surveys. You can also use quizzes to conduct exams and assessments, both graded and ungraded. The Quiz Types include:
- Graded Quiz – The intention of a Graded Quizzes is that it will be used to assess student knowledge and understanding of the content in the course.
- Practice Quiz – Students do not receive a grade for Practice Quizzes, even though the quiz results display the number of points earned in the quiz.
- Graded Survey – A Graded Survey allows the instructor to give students points for completing the survey, but it does not allow the survey to be graded for right or wrong answers.
- Ungraded Survey – An Ungraded Survey allows instructors to solicit opinions or other information from the students, but students do not receive a grade for their responses
To learn more about Canvas Quizzes, feel free to review the Quiz Videos and Quiz Tutorials listed on this page.
Quiz Question Type Tutorials
- Link Course Content to a Quiz Question
- Create File Upload Question
- Create Multiple Choice Questions
- Create Formula Question with a Single Variable
- Create Single Formula Question
- Create Numerical Answer Question
- Create True/False Question
- Create Fill-in-the-Blank Question
- Create Fill-in-Multiple-Blanks Question
- Create Multiple Dropdown Question
- Create Likert Scale Question
Quiz Creation Tutorials
- What are the Different Quiz Types
- Quiz Options
- Create New Quiz
- Create Varied Due Date Quizzes
- Create a Survey
- Create Question Bank
- Set Quiz to Show One Question at a Time
- Randomize Quiz Question Order
- Delete a Quiz
- Delete a Question Bank
- All Quiz Tutorials