Grades allows instructors to easily input grades as well as track the progress of and communicate grades/feedback to students. Grades can also automatically calculate weighted grades based on the Assignment Groups created in the Assignments tool.
Grades opens to the Canvas Gradebook. Columns are automatically created in the Gradebook when instructors create:
- Graded Discussions
- Graded Quizzes
- Graded External Tool Assignments
Canvas also includes a tool called SpeedGrader™ that integrates the feedback and grading process with the gradebook.This is a great feature for grading submitted assignments and quizzes.
To learn more about Grades, feel free to watch the Grades Video and review the Grades Tutorials.
- Filter Gradebook by Section
- Open SpeedGrader from Gradebook
- Enter and Edit Grades
- Control When Students Receive Grade Notifications
- View Assignment Details in Grades
- Leave Comments for Students via Grades
- Sort the Gradebook
- Bulk Download Assignment Submissions
- Bulk Upload Graded Assignments
- Download the Gradebook
- All Grades Tutorials