Canvas has integrated a web conferencing tool called Big Blue Button to extend the learning environment to the virtual space enabling synchronous (real-time) online meetings. Conferences allows users to
- broadcast live audio and video
- demo applications on your desktop
- share presentation slides
- demo any online resources
Conferences have a number of potential uses for both traditional face-to-face as well as distributed learning situations. Some possible use cases include virtual:
- office hours
- student group meetings
- study groups
Students can even create their own conferences if they have:
- Access to the Conferences menu item within a course
- Have been placed within Groups
The Conferences tool is a standard tool available to Student Groups in Canvas.
To learn more about Conferences in Canvas, feel free to view the Conferences Overview Video and the Conference Tutorials on this page.
- What are Conferences?
- Create a Conference
- Create Long-running Conference
- Edit a Conference
- Start a Conference
- Using the Conference Interface
- Join a Conference
- Record a Conference
- Note: Conference Recordings are deleted after 14 days and cannot be downloaded.
- Delete a Conference
- All Conferences Tutorials
For questions about how these features might be implemented into a course design/course activities, please contact Geisel Instructional Technology Staff to schedule a one-on-one session to discuss these tools.