Why Use Pages?
You can link to a page from anywhere in Canvas that has a rich content editor.
Here are some suggestions for using Pages:
- Create a page for each class meeting or week. Within that page, include links to readings, assignments, and external content.
- Embed audio and video files. These could be videos from YouTube or TED. You can also link to Relay recordings of you lecturing or demonstrating something.
- Create a page with instructions and resources for an Assignment.
Add a Page to Module
To add a page to a module:
- Select + icon to the right of the module.
- From the Module Options, select Add Content.
- From the Add Item window, select Content Page from the Add Dropdown list.
- Select the Page you wish to add from the Files List.
Note: If the page has not yet been updated, select the [New Page]option.
- If you wish to offset the page in the Module listing, select an Indentation option.
- Select Add Item when finished.
Remember, one way to make modules shorter is to link to pages that contain narrative and content instead of creating a long list of files by adding them directly to the module.
Add Pages to Other Tools
To add Pages to a page or other tools:
- Click on the Links tab that appears in the Sidebar.
- Select Pages.
- Select the Page you wish to add.
Note: If you’d like to create a hyperlink from a word within the page, highlight the word before clicking on the File.
- The page you selected will automatically be added to the text area.
- Click Save Changes when you are finished editing the page.