The Home Page is the first page your students see upon entering your Canvas course site. There are several options for designing a Canvas Home Page:
- Recent Activity Dashboard – Displays the most recent announcements, messages, assignments, and discussion posts in your course.
- a Page I’ll Design Myself – Has the same content capabilities as a standard Page. Also referred to as the Front Page.
- the Course Modules/Sections – Sets your Modules area as the Home Page.
- the Assignment List – Show all of the assignments in a course, with upcoming and recent assignments at the top.
- the Syllabus with Assignment List – Lets you add content like a course description, links, images, etc. in a rich content editor and also displays all of the assignments in your course. It’s a combination of “A Page I’ll Design Yourself” and “The Assignment List” options.
To return to the Home Page from anywhere in a Canvas course site, just click on the Home button on the course navigation.
To learn more about customizing the Course Home page, feel free to view the Course Layout Customization Video and the Homepage Tutorial found on this page.