With the Groups feature in Canvas, instructors can organize the students into groups so they can work together on group projects and assignments: a paper, a presentation, etc. A Canvas group will provide students with a collaborative workspace where they can work in that small group to share files, hold video conferences, or work on group assignments created within the course.
Within Groups, instructors can:
- Create a new group set and create subgroups automatically or manually
- Assign students to subgroups automatically or manually
- Allow students to sign up for their own groups
- Expand and collapse subgroups
- Move students into different subgroups
- Create group collaborations
- View all activity within all the groups within a course
- View all created groups within the course
- Edit or delete group sets
To learn more about groups, feel free to watch the Groups Management Video and the Groups Tutorials listed below.
Group Assessment Tutorials
More Group Tutorials
- Make New Group Sets
- Automatically Create Groups
- Manually Create Groups
- Create Self Sign-up Groups
- Automatically Assign Students to Groups
- Move a Student to a Different Group
- View Student Group Activity
- Delete a Group Set
- All Group Tutorials
For questions about how these features might be implemented into a course design/course activities, please contact Geisel Instructional Technology Staff to schedule a one-on-one session to discuss these tools.