In Canvas, the People link is similar to Users and Groups in Blackboard. Within the People link instructors can:
- View all the users participating in the course.
- Manage users.
- Add people to the course.
- Manage user groups in the course.
- Search for a user.
- Filter users by role.
As with Blackboard, most rosters will be loaded into the system prior to the start of the course. It should only be necessary for instructors to add additional instructors or TAs to the course.
To learn more about the People link, feel free to view the People Overview Video and the People Tutorials on this page.
To learn more about customizing the Course Navigation menu, feel free to view the Navigation Tutorials.
- Add Users to the Course
Note: Please use the users NetID not their email address when adding a user to Canvas.
- Allow Students to View Section Only
- Add TAs/Observers to the Course
- View Student Interaction Summary
- View Groups
- All People Tutorials
- All Group Tutorials